In COVID-19 times, “Safer at Home” is an opportunity for meditative retreat. “Distancing” becomes space for inner work and “isolation” becomes spiritual solitude, as encouraged in Buddhist teachings. Let us do what we can to support each other in Dhammic health & wholeness as the pandemic runs its uncertain course.
2021 Home & On-Line Retreats via Zoom
Retreat offerings will adapt as the year evolves.
- Mid-Winter Retreat with Refuges and Resources – January 27-31 (5 full days)
The holidays are past, days are colder, nights are longer, and the pandemic continues. This can be a challenging time to sustain our Dhamma practice and live up to our inspired resolutions. Whatever the external conditions, we sustain ourselves by fostering Resources and Refuges to rekindle wholesome states of mind when bogged down, stumbling, or on autopilot. The Dhamma offers a web of resilience to tap into on a daily basis. Please read this PDF for more description and details.
- Mindfulness with Breathing – February 22-27 (6 full days)
Breath is life and mindfulness with breathing (anapanasati) is the foundation meditation of original Buddhism. Breath connects us with the here-now, webs of life that support us, and deeper realities of mind-body. This retreat will emphasize how breath shapes health, clear-calm mind, and insights. We’ll explore webs of relationship that involve breath and the cyclic, patterned nature of life. Please read this PDF for more description and details.
- Brahma-Viharas, Divine, Immeasurable Abodes – March 23-27 (5 full days)
Through kindness, compassion, appreciative joy, and equanimity our hearts release from deadening egoism. These “godly homes” — along with gratitude, forgiveness, trust, and respect — are beautiful alternatives to destructive emotions like envy and anger. These facets of love express our commitment to Dhamma in a world that’s often divisive, scary, and exploitative. By opening ourselves beyond petty ego fixations we embody the better world everyone deserves.
Kevala Retreat is a quiet, safe refuge for personal retreat. We are restricting numbers to allow adequate precautions, but retreat is still possible for up to three people at a time (more for groups that share a COVID bubble). We are happy to host you. Santikaro is in residence for the duration. Please email or call with questions about on-line or on-site personal retreats.
2020 On-Line Retreats
- March 29 – April 1 hosted by Dharma Zephyr (PDT) listen to a couple talks
- May 16 – 22 originally at Cloud Mountain (PDT) Details
- June 4 – 7 hosted by Insight Chicago for Info & Registration (CDT)
- June 25 – 28 with Brahma-Viharas, Divine, Immeasurable Abodes (CDT) Details
- July 19 – 25 with Mindfulness with Breathing (Anapanasati) (CDT) Details
- August 19-23 exploring The Five Bundles of Clinging Online (hosted by Heartwood Refuge, NC) Details
- September 11 – 24 limited Residential with Anapanasati at Cloud Mountain, WA (Santikaro supporting via Zoom)
- October 20-25 online with Dependent Co-Arising, Emptiness, and the Middle Way hosted by Insight Chicago (CDT)